Category: Torah Club
Today, I finished the Chronicles. About twenty-five months ago, I began work on the largest writing project I have undertaken, a complete re-write of the original Torah Club Volume Four. The original version provided a Messianic commentary on all four Gospels and the book of Acts. The new version does the same, but it splits the material into two separate years of study: YEAR ONE: Chronicles of the Messiah:...
The New Testament (Apostolic Scriptures) can be compared to a pile of laundry. Some pieces are socks, some are shirts, some are pants, and so forth. Imagine you open your closet door and see this pile of clean laundry on the floor. You fish around in it looking for something to wear, and with a little bit of effort, you can put together an outfit. It might be wrinkled and...
Torah Club Volume Six: Chronicles of the Apostles is all over the map. Actually, it's all over several maps. Subscribers to Chronicles of the Apostles will receive a series of biblical maps including the Biblical Backgrounds () Middle East and Land of Israel maps and the DHE maps of Jerusalem and the Temple. We will use the maps extensively as we follow the story of the apostles, the travels...
Last week I finished the monumental Gospel commentary Chronicles of the Messiah. It was a great joy to spend the last 14 months immersed in the gospels. Before I started the project, I raided the First Fruits of Zion library for all the pertinent gospel commentaries I could find--three boxes of books! It ended up being far more than I could possibly read in a year, much less keep up...
At First Fruits of Zion, we are gearing up to begin production on Torah Club Volume Six: Chronicles of the Apostles. The customer service team at First Fruits of Zion is receiving a lot of questions about the new Torah Club. Today, they submitted a series of several questions about the new volume. Learn about the new Torah Club here. Read about the free book offer associated with the new...
Back in 1989, I was attending the University of Minnesota. For a few months, I took a room in Saint Paul, Minnesota, in a bedroom in my sister's house. Her husband Mike, a graduate of Bethel Seminary, was teaching me how to make a living in the same manner as other men with seminary educations--painting houses and apartments. Over lunch, we often talked theology. In one of those conversations, I...
The Torah is an ancient scroll containing the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy--the first five books of the Bible. But in Jewish vernacular, the word Torah can be used broadly to refer to the whole Bible, and the Oral Law as well. This is because the word "Torah" (×ª×•×¨×”) is from the Hebrew root, yara (×™×¨×”) which means "to instruct," or "to teach." Although it does contain...
More Posts in Torah Club
- Voice of the Prophets (November, 2010)
- Shadows of the Messiah (October, 2010)
- Affirmation of Faith Found in the Prophets (September, 2010)
- Added Contribution of Steven Lancaster (September, 2010)
- Unrolling the Scroll with Torah Club (September, 2010)
- The Value of Studying the Haftorah (September, 2010)
- Major Themes Found in the Prophets (September, 2010)
- Shadows of the Messiah (September, 2010)
- Three Modes of Revelation (September, 2010)
- God's Initial Self-Disclosure (September, 2010)
- Rediscover Your Faith (September, 2010)
- Major Themes Found in the Gospels (August, 2010)
- Unlocking the Meaning of Jesus' Teaching (August, 2010)
- Benefits of Harmonizing (August, 2010)
- A Messianic Jewish Gospel Commentary (August, 2010)
- The Latest and Greatest (August, 2010)
- Know Jesus Better (August, 2010)
Search in Blogs...
Use this RSS feed to track our blogs in your favorite reader.
Blogs by Category
- Back Office
- Events and Administration
- Founder’s Blog
- Guest Authors
- Lessons from the Land
- Levertoff Documentary
- Mishlei Musings
- Road Trip 09
- Shalom Tour
- Teaching Team
- The Siddur Project
- Torah Club
- Video Blogs
- Site Info Blog
Blogs by Author
- Aaron Eby
- Boaz Michael
- D. Thomas Lancaster
- FFOZ Staff
- Guest Authors
- Media Staff
- Jacob Fronczak
- Jordan Levy
- Yisrael Levitt
- Seth Dralle
- Toby Janicki
More Recent Posts
- Added Contribution of Steven Lancaster
- Unrolling the Scroll with Torah Club
- The Value of Studying the Haftorah
- Major Themes Found in the Prophets
- Shadows of the Messiah
- Three Modes of Revelation
- God's Initial Self-Disclosure
- Rediscover Your Faith
- Major Themes Found in the Gospels
- Unlocking the Meaning of Jesus' Teaching