Hello, my name is Mia Powell and I go to church on Sunday. In some Messianic circles that’s a statement akin to an Alcoholics Anonymous confession. Arising on a Sunday morning to head out to church is something my husband, Joel, and I never thought we would do. After all, we’ve been Sabbatarians our whole lives! The Next Time We began toying with the idea of visiting a Sunday church...
The following note was received this morning from Bill Beyer. Bill is a Lutheran pastor in Wisconsin. Vine of David (a ministry of FFOZ) is slowly releasing the new Delitzsch Hebrew Gospels (DHE). For more information or to place an order please visit the DHE landing page at Vine of David. *** My First Sabbath with Franz Delitzsch When FFOZ first introduced me to Delitzsch I was very intrigued. As...
As I drudge through the writings of the ancient Church, I find many exciting details about the Apostles, Yeshua, and the early believers not found in the four canonical Gospels or the book of Acts. (It goes without saying that some--if not most--of it is simply fabrication and baseless legend). These stories can be found mostly in the apocryphal Acts of the Holy Apostles. Each Apostle is attributed a work...
Recently, I had to make a trip that involved a lot of driving. Just before I left I looked up on my book shelf and there sat my Beit Midrash audio teachings for "Hallowed Be Your Name" and "Knocking on Heaven's Gates." At first I thought that I would never use them, but after an hour of listening to the radio I put one of the CD's in the player....
Today I'm starting to put up the sukkah. I have a special affection for the Festival of Sukkot. Not only is it now fall, my favorite season, but it's a festival that's basically all about hanging out. Sukkot is yet another example of the differences the Torah makes between those obligated and those not obligated. You shall dwell in booths for seven days. All native Israelites shall dwell in booths....
Tags: Prophets, Torah, Torah Club forum
I was joking around the other day when I wrote, "I am reading a book on the Prophets and just learned that the time from the first Prophet to the last Prophet is called your "Prophet margin." I got a couple of laughs and ALOT of groans from people. But, recently I have been fascinated by the study of the Prophets. Beginning after the fall festivals the new reading cycle...
Jennifer seemed to be an answer to prayer. I met her last spring at a church Passover seder-ish event. Eager to share her story with a kindred spirit (me), she wept and explained how lonely she felt, stranded between Christianity and Judaism. She really thought that she was the only person to both believe in Jesus as Messiah and believe that the Torah was for her. She had never heard...
More Posts in Guest Authors
- Counting the Omer the old fashioned (electronic) way... (April, 2009)
- Learn Hebrew...stay young! (January, 2009)
- Boundary Stones (December, 2008)
- And God said, 'Let there be light...' (October, 2008)
- FFOZ on YOUTUBE! (September, 2008)
- Walking Alone Together (August, 2008)
- Forum people have faces! (June, 2008)
- Forum Pirkei Avot (April, 2008)
- The Good Part: Keeping Passover in Perspective (April, 2008)
- The Opportunity of Passover (April, 2008)
- Anticipation (March, 2008)
- Avot 4:16 (February, 2008)
- Bo and the plague of the Firstborn (January, 2008)
- Raking my Roof (December, 2007)
- Hodu L'Adonai (November, 2007)
- The Sea Captain (November, 2007)
- Bloom where I'm planted? (November, 2007)
- So what do you talk about? (October, 2007)
- Lutheran Sukkah (October, 2007)
- Sho-far Sho-good (September, 2007)
- All Together (September, 2007)
- Of Church & Steak: Biblical Eating & The NYTimes (August, 2007)
- God meant it for good (August, 2007)
- Helping others understand (August, 2007)
- Online TC Forum Tool (August, 2007)
- A Fresh Breeze in the Windy City (June, 2007)
Search in Blogs...
Use this RSS feed to track our blogs in your favorite reader.
Blogs by Category
- Back Office
- Events and Administration
- Founder’s Blog
- Guest Authors
- Lessons from the Land
- Levertoff Documentary
- Mishlei Musings
- Road Trip 09
- Shalom Tour
- Teaching Team
- The Siddur Project
- Torah Club
- Video Blogs
- Site Info Blog
Blogs by Author
- Aaron Eby
- Boaz Michael
- D. Thomas Lancaster
- FFOZ Staff
- Guest Authors
- Media Staff
- Jacob Fronczak
- Jordan Levy
- Yisrael Levitt
- Seth Dralle
- Toby Janicki
More Recent Posts
- And God said, 'Let there be light...'
- FFOZ on YOUTUBE!
- Walking Alone Together
- Forum people have faces!
- Forum Pirkei Avot
- The Good Part: Keeping Passover in Perspective
- The Opportunity of Passover
- Avot 4:16
- Bo and the plague of the Firstborn